Last update: May 2018
Please read it carefully. In it you will find important information about the processing of your personal data and the rights recognised by the current regulations on the matter.
You declare that the data you provide us, now or in the future, is correct and truthful and you agree to inform us of any changes to it. If you provide personal data from third parties, you agree to obtain the prior consent of those affected and inform them about the content of this policy..
Generally, the fields of our forms that are indicated as mandatory must be completed in order to process your requests.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
The party responsible for processing the personal data collected is:
Party responsible: CIA. HOTELERA SANT JORDI, S.A.
Postal address: Gremio de Cirujanos i Barberos, 25, Bloque B, 3er piso Pol. Son Rossinyol – 07009 Palma de Mallorca.
Tax ID Number (CIF): A07015597
Telephone: +34 971 711 746
E-mail address: email@example.com
If you make a booking at any of our hotels, the party responsible for processing the data relating thereto will be the hotel’s operating company, which you can contact using the same addresses indicated for CIA. HOTELERA SAN JORDI S.A. The identification details of the hotel’s operating company will be provided to you during the booking process.
2. Why will we process your data? The data of visitors to the website will be processed to manage their browsing, address their requests and queries, the administration and management of the website and compliance with our legal obligations. This data will also be processed for analytical purposes and to improve the quality of our services.
Booking details will be processed in order to manage them.
If you consent, your data will be processed in order to send commercial communications regarding UNIVERSAL HOTELS to your e-mail address.
3. For how long will we keep your data? We generally preserve your data during the validity of the relationship you maintain with us and, in any case, during the periods set forth in the applicable legal provisions, for example in accounting and fiscal matters, and for the time needed to address any possible liabilities deriving from the processing. We will delete your data when it has ceased to be necessary or relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. Access logs to restricted areas of the website will be deleted a month after their creation. Information related to browsing will be deleted once the web connection has ended and statistics have been created. The data processed for commercial purposes will remain in force until you request its deletion.
4. To whom may we communicate your data? Your data will only be communicated to third parties if legally obliged to do so, with your consent or when your request involves this communication. In this regard, we inform you that, in order to correctly process your bookings, the data provided will be communicated to the companies whose services are included in the contracted service.
5. Legal basis of the processing. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is to manage the legal relationship with users of the website and the customers who book any of our hotels through it, as well as to comply with legal obligations, especially the applicable accounting, tax and tourist regulations.
Management of the website’s security is based on the existence of a legitimate interest. The creation of statistics, carrying out of quality controls, the commercial monitoring of your requests and the shipment of commercial communications are all based on our legitimate interest for internal administrative purposes, as well as on assessing and promoting our services.
The referral of commercial communications through electronic means is based on the consent of the interested parties.
6. What are your rights? You have a right to obtain confirmation of whether or not we are processing your personal data and, in such a case, access thereto. You can also ask for your data to be rectified when it is inaccurate or complete any data that is incomplete, as well as request for it to be deleted when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In certain cases, you may request a restriction over the processing of your data. In this case, we will only process the affected data to draw up, exercise or defend claims or with a view to protect the rights of other people. Under certain conditions, and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may also object to the processing of your data. In this case, we will cease processing your data unless there are legitimate compelling reasons that prevail over your interests or rights and freedoms, or to draw up, exercise or defend claims. Moreover, and under certain conditions, you can request the portability of your data to be transferred to another data controller.
You can revoke your consent that you had provided for certain purposes without this affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent given prior to its withdrawal, and file a claim before the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
To request your withdrawal from any processing for commercial purposes, you can send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to exercise your rights, you must send us an application, along with a copy of your national identification document or another valid document that identifies you, by post or e-mail, to the addresses indicated in the section entitled “Who is responsible for the processing of your data?”.
You can obtain more information about your rights and how to exercise them on the Spanish Data Protection Agency’s website on http://www.agpd.es.